On the street again: After a successful homestand with Ball State’s women’s volleyball team posting a 3-1 record, the Cardinals will take part in Purdue’s Stacey Clark Classic this weekend. Battle Northern Kentucky Friday and host Boilermakers Saturday… The first serve for both matches will be set at 4:00 p.m. at Holloway Gymnasium.
Follow the action: Both of this weekend’s matches at the Stacey Clarke Classic will be broadcast live on B1G+…Plus, live stats will be available, courtesy of host Boilermakers…Live updates of the matches are available at It will also be available on the team’s Twitter feed. @BallStateWVB.
All Time Series: The Cardinals are leading a 5-3 all-time series lead over Northern Kentucky after beating the Nose in two games last season at Warthen Arena. The Cardinals, which included an 18-game winning streak… Ball State’s final victory over the Boilermakers came on November 11, 1977, by a score of 2-1 (15-8, 10-15, 15-8). I was.
BALL STATE WOMEN’S VOLLEYBALL QUICK HITS:
• In its 51st season of play, Ball State boasts an all-time record in women’s volleyball of 979-626-2 (.610)… The Cardinals have 11 MAC West Division Championships, 9 MAC Regular Season Champions. Ships, and 8 MACs. Tournament Championship… Ball State made his 10th appearance in the NCAA Tournament last season, winning his first round victory over Michigan for the third time in program history to win the NCAA Tournament…BSU won the National Imbi Also earned his one bid for the National Volleyball Championship (NIVC).
• Despite failing to receive votes in the last two AVCA Top 25 Coaches polls, the Cardinals compiled a string of votes that earned them three consecutive votes, including the first two votes for the 2022 season . Ball State won his 2021 final ballot in which he won three votes. 18 votes in the 2022 preseason ballot, 7 in the August 29, 2022 ballot…before his AVCA final ballot in 2021, the Cardinals won his eight votes on October 31. He had not received a vote in the AVCA Top 25 Coaches Poll since. 2011.
• Speaking of polls, Ball State’s women’s volleyball program was unanimously selected to win the Mid-American Conference West Division in the league’s annual preseason ballot…Cardinals #1 out of all 12 votes We won the division by getting votes and got 4 votes. Out of 12 votes to repeat as tournament champion.
2022 MAC West Forecast
1. Ball Condition (12) – 72 points
2. West Michigan – 55 points
3. Toledo – 49 points
4. Northern Illinois – 32 points
5. Central Michigan – 29 points
6. East Michigan – 15 points
Predicted Tournament Champion: Bowling Green (7), Ball State (4), West Michigan (1)
• In addition to the MAC West Division favorites, the Cardinals have three members on their Preseason All-MAC West Division Team: Sophomore Setters. Megan Wironskisenior middle Marie Prittand senior opposition Natalie Mickem.
• The Cardinals enter the Stacey Clarke Classic with an 8-2 overall record… BSU’s two losses were a pair of NCAA Tournament teams a year ago, losing to one-round entrants Mississippi State and two. Brought to Dayton, a qualifier for the round…the Bulldogs are currently on a 7-1 record and have votes in the AVCA Top 25 Coaches Poll. Meanwhile, the Flyers are 6-4, with two losses to a top 25 program and another loss to a top 25 team. .
• Ball State wrapped up a four-game homestand on Tuesday with a 3-2 loss to Dayton. Then Arkansas (3-0), Alabama (3-1), Alabama (3-1), Green Bay (3-2) … 3-1 at home so far this season. , the Cardinals improved their all-time record at Worthen Arena to 297-94 (.760) … BSU are even more dominant at home versus MAC opponents, marking 261-57 (.791).
• For play in the Ball State Tournament, Senior Middle Marie Pritt Selected as the MVP of the event as a junior Kate Snyder and sophomore setter Megan Wironski Selected to the All-Tournament Team.
• Marie Pritt 484 (34-4-62) offensive percentage, leading all players in the Ball State Tournament, and paced the Cardinals with 34 kills total…her best performance came in a tournament against Arkansas State. It was the season opener (September 9th).When she blasted her 15 kills and turned in her program record, she had a .833 (15-0-18) offense percentage for players who had 15 or more swings in a match…previous The record was .813 (13-0-16) Sharon Strayer Indiana State v Indiana State University in 1986… The effort also earned Pritt the MAC West Division Offensive Player of the Week and MAC Women’s Scholar Athlete of the Week honors.
• In addition to Marie Pritt In Mark vs. Arkansas State, the teams combined .478 (49-6-90) for the third-best single-match offensive percentage in program history.
• Ball State entered the weekend with one of the highest winning percentages in the nation, with the team’s eight wins tying for ninth in the nation…as of games played through Sept. 14. , Ball State is tied for 43rd in the nation with a .800 winning percentage. The Cardinals won 30 overall last season, tying him for fourth overall in the nation, but that program’s record .882 winning percentage ranks him eighth.
• Ball State’s offense continues to keep pace with the MAC, ranking 44th nationally with a .262 team attack rate. 250 or better in six of 10 games this season, with three of his RBIs above . .. BSU posted a season-high .478 against Arkansas State (September 9), .344 against Lipscomb (September 2), and .320 against William & Mary (August 27)…Ball State has a program-record .265 team offensive percentage, ranking 23rd among 321 NCAA Division I women’s volleyball programs that finished the 2021 season.
• Megan Wironski She’s right back where she left off last season, providing a total of 411 assists so far this season…a total now the third highest in the country…she also He ranks 38th in the nation with 10.28 per assist. Set average…Last season, Wilonski finished the year second in the nation with her 1,394 total assists…Overall, she finished 12 of her 44 games as the program’s starting setter. 300-plus batting average in the game. of her match performances in the top four singles in the program’s history.
• Megan Wironski Last season, he became the 16th player in program history to record 1,000 career assists, and his 1,805 career assists now ranks 12th on BSU’s all-time list. Brittany McGinnis(1,245 in 2008) Emily Sully (1,387 in 1997).
• In addition to being one of the top setters in the country, Megan Wironski Entering the weekend ranked 17th nationally with 19 service aces…Last season, she finished 8th among all NCAA Division I players with 58 aces, including a career-high seven against Ohio (September 30). … Her 58 aces were the last in a season, the sixth-most in a single season in program history, a record for a BSU setter in a single season, and the amber seaman 2018.
•Senior Middle Marie Pritt Entering the weekend ranked 3rd in the MAC and 51st in the nation with a .385 attack rate…the effort included her program record .833 (15-0-18) vs. Arkansas (September 9). ) included… Pritt also leads Last season, Pritt ranked 2nd in MAC and 55th nationally in .360 attack rate.
•Junior Middle Lauren Gilliland Coming into the Stacey Clarke Classic, ranked 2nd on the team and 5th on the MAC with a .346 attacking average…she posted a season-best .533 (17-1-30) against Oklahoma (September 2 day) … a career-high 17 kills against the Sooners … she also Marie Pritt As the team’s top blocker with an average of 0.78 blocks per set…
• On Defensive, the Cardinals enter the Stacey Clarke Classic, pacing the MAC with an average of 16.53 digs per set… Senior Defensive Specialist Maggie Huber Leading the way, 7th in the MAC with a 3.90 mark … Megan Wironski 2nd on team at 3.13, senior outfield hitter Natalie Rishi 3rd place with 2.70.
Red Shirt Junior Middle Kailyn Bolser 500 (11-1-20), smashing a career-high 11 kills in a breakout match against Dayton (September 13)… By Tuesday, she had only 27 kills, her previous It was the best of my career. She is 5 against NIU (19 February 2021).